Break out your miniskirts. Pull your summer dresses up to the front of your closet. And don’t forget to grab your open-toe heels. Winter is here, but that doesn't mean you have to dress for a date with Mr. Frost. Sure, you may miss your sun-tanned glow. But don’t let your fashion suffer from the cold. All you need to do is one, simple thing — layer up! In today's post, I'm wearing my summer skirt, dress (under my skirt), and summer jacket (If you still remember this jacket from one of my summer post). The only winter piece is the vest that I layered on top, and I secretly wore a invisible nude tights with my summer sandals. Here are some tips of how to winterize your summer wardrobe:
- Strappy summer sandals look cute with colorful tights.
- Don’t put away the florals, layer up with your furs.
- A shirt-dress can be worn with super tall socks or boots.
- Turn a summer dress into a winter skirt by adding a cute sweatshirt on top.
- These awesome “invisible” socks or tights will keep your legs warm with summer flats.
- Try a turtleneck under shift dresses.
- Try a scoop or crew-neck under a jumpsuit.
- Invest in a great pair of opaque leggings to wear under cutoffs.
- A Fair Isle pattern looks great mis-matched with bright summer colors underneath.
Zara Jacket (Old, Similar Here)
Zara One Shoulder LBD (Old, Similar Here)
Charles Jourdan Heels (Old, Similar Here)