Black is always the new black. While you can never really go wrong wearing all black, there are definitely ways to take the look to the next level. Below is how to wear all black without looking boring.
1. Vary the fabrics and textures. Nothing looks dowdier than an all-black outfit that is all cotton...
2. On the fabric note, make sure the fabric selection is season appropriate. A black wool dress will look fabulous in the fall, but out-of-place during the summer. Silk and linen make it easier to pull off the all-black look during the warmer months.
3. When putting together a black-on-black, fit becomes even more important. Take advantage of the fact that black is slimming and have the clothes be more fitted and flattering, rather than shapeless and drab.
3. Add interest with accessories. Bold, colorful jewelry becomes the statement piece of your outfit. For me, colored stiletto heels are the go-to shoe with any black on black outfit.
5. Make your outfit more dressy or casual with the simple change of lipstick color. A LBD can go from day (with a light pink lip stain) to-night (with a bold, deep red lip) seamlessly.
Thanks for reading!
Photo By Julie Doro